Are you looking for a fast and easy way to verify your cleaning procedure?
With AllerSnap™ you can verify the cleanliness of surfaces by detecting protein residues left behind after cleaning. While allergen-specific tests remain the gold standard of gluten and allergen management, they can be paired with general protein swabs to increase the amount of data collected and decrease the risk of undetected cross-contact.
How does AllerSnap™ work?
Most allergens are glycoproteins and can be detected by protein tests. AllerSnap™ uses the biuret method, which is a broad spectrum monitoring method primarily used to verify your cleaning SOP. The test is easy: swab the testing area and snap the bulb to release a reagent. Incubate the swab for 5-30 minutes then match the color to the chart: green means clean and purple means re-clean.
~Read the article on Science Direct
Protein tests can detect all sorts of proteins, and do not differentiate between proteins from FALCPA allergens like peanut, soy, or milk and proteins from other sources. The results are semiquantitative and the scope and sensitivity of the protein test is roughly equivalent to 10–100 ppm. This means that general allergen testing is not a replacement to allergen-specific testing with kits like AlerTox Sticks. Instead, it is a cost-effective way to gather more data points and lower risk of recalls and allergen cross-contact.
Is AllerSnap™ a good match for your business?
AllerSnap™ is portable, rapid and cost effective supplement to your comprehensive allergen management plan. With a minimum of equipment, AllerSnap™ can be used in an array of settings. Any safety team that is concerned with controlling for food allergens, whether you are a food processor, a hospitality kitchen or a supermarket kitchen, will find these easy-to-interpret surface swabs an essential tool.
Looking for a more sensitive allergen control solution?
AlerTox Sticks® kits are senisitve, on-site LFD tests that have the flexibility to test products, ingredients and wastewater as well as surfaces. AlerTox Sticks come in a variety of allergens: almond, crustacean, egg, fish, hazelnut, milk, mustard, peanut, soy, and walnut.
- 100 swabs/case
- Easy to use and activate
- Separate incubator required
- Results in 5-30 minutes depending on sensitivity requirements
- Proactive, qualitative approach to verification
- Eliminates mistakes and waste
- No separate wetting agent or reconstitution step
- Pre-moistened swab provides reliable collection recovery and detection
- Patented Snap-Valve™ technology – snap & squeeze
- Write-on swab tube label
- Temperature stable, sensitive liquid-stable chemistry
- Small, light-weight swabs
- Low carbon foot print (100% recyclable)
- Shelf life: 18 months at room or refrigerated temperatures (2 – 25°C)
- Sensitivity: Reliably detect 5 µg protein after 5 minutes of incubtation