Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Emport LLC!It’s Thanksgiving, the time of year to take a moment to express gratitude for the support of family, friends and community. Here at Emport, there are many things that we’re thankful for: Family and friends are the first line of defense for those with food allergies. They’re there to help keep you safe, support you when you have a reaction, and give you a hand with the grocery shopping. Here’s a resource for learning how to explain your needs to well-meaning friends who want to cook for you. Of course, there are more sources for support. There are organizations that work to bring you news about breakthroughs in treatment, about new products that are appropriate for you, and about new legislation that affects the communities of allergen sufferers. Some of the sites we go back to time after time:
- The Gluten Intolerance Group is a terrific resource for anybody with Celiac or gluten intolerance.
- So is the Celiac Support Association.
- And the Canadian Celiac Association, which partners with Beyond Celiac on some initiatives.
- F.A.R.E (Food Allergy Research and Education) is a great resource for anybody with reactions to the Big 8.
- Kids With Food Allergies for support for your child and as a parent.
- A Little Insanity: GlutenFree Pie Crust Recipe
- GlutenFree on a Shoestring: Extra Flaky Gluten Free Sour Cream Pie Crust
- Gluten Free Baking: How to Make a Gluten Free Pie Crust.
Need to test for gluten at home?
Commercial-quality, user-friendly. Clear results in less than 20 minutes.